Sunday, September 4, 2011

New Furbabies...the Quintuplets....

Last Wednesday I called Lydia at the AntiCruelty Society and told her I'd foster someone. It didn't really matter who.  She suggested two different sets of kitties that had been ready for fostering for a week. I said OK, and she set me up with the Five. One month, 23 days old. That at first look are all alike....

I sat down the carrier and opened the door, and out they slowly came to check out the alien landscape. All except for one. Who has now become known as Gracie. More on that in a bit....

They had been named Toes, Shoes, Boots, Mittens, and Socks. Alas, ALL of their descriptions were listed as "brown tabby", so this did me NO good in figuring out who was who. But leaving them nameless wasn't really an option, so I decided after a few days to give them names from what I saw, and their personalities... I'm still working on the names part...



But so far I have Frankie (after Frank Sinatra, old Blue Eyes...even though she's a girl. She plays like a tomboy, anyway) and Gracie (after Gracie Allen, from Gracie Allen and George Burns...she's so cute and petite and girly with big eyes [one is just ever so slightly crossed] and she'll tap politely on your leg to get your attention to be picked up and loved. Then there's Leia [after Princess Leia...another tomboy...with her big ears looking like Leia's hairdo], Loverboy [who LOVES LOVES LOVES to give face rubs and get petted and loved], and Little John [from Robin Hood, the biggest boy of the bunch, who loves to wrestle].  And they're ALL sweeties who love to play king of the mountain with me as the mountain and perch on my shoulder...sometimes two at a time...

Remember, they'll be hanging out with me until October 1st, then it's back to the Anti Cruelty Society to be spayed and neutered and out for adoption.... and one of these sweeties could be YOURS.  Please pass the word...and pass the love....

No comments:

Post a Comment