Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Cindy



02-21-2012. This is Cindy (I like her name...), who is just a little bit of a pup. According to the Anti Cruelty Society she's 1 month, 20 days old, and is a shepherd mix. She's a foxy blonde color, with a tiny bit of white on three of her paws, a little raindrop of white on her chest, and a bit also under her chin. On the tips of her ears, a bit under her chin, and on her tail  it darkens into a mixture of the all over color and black.

I just brought her home today. She's never been anywhere, really, but she was a brave little soul on the cab ride home. I brought her into the apartment, introduced her to the crate, with her little bed  fixed in and left her there for a bit before I brought her out so she'd know that it was a comfy place and she wasn't going to be left there forever. She did cry a bit, but I waited until she quieted down then got her out. I didn't want her thinking that the barking was what made me come open the door. After a bit of exploring with me close by, she wandered back into her little house (so I know she's not minding it...score!) before we went outside for a little bit, just in case she had to go potty.

Once in a while she'll give a little baby cry (but that's to be expected...after all... this is all new) but I think the first day she's passed like a champ. And now... she's passed OUT like a champ. Before we go to bed we're going to take another detour outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment