Sunday, July 10, 2011

Day One.

I swear, to you by all that is holy that I'm not an animal hoarder. Or someone misplacing their misspent "mom" years babying animals in place of that longed for child.  Or someone who will at some point become the embodiment of the running joke about old cat ladies dressing up their "babies" in doll clothes. I have one cat, Mr. B., I have a million nieces and nephews, so I'm good there. And I have no desire, other than clipping Mr. B's nails to keep any roughhousing injuries to a minimum (mine AND his...) to dress my cat up. He's a cat. He already owns a beautiful white fur coat.

Why, then, you ask? Hopefully to hook people up with the pets that I foster, and that I find or someone tells me about that needs love and a home. But with more than an impersonal blank form letter... with someone's personal experience so that you know what you're getting yourself and them into.

As I go on with this, I'd like to expand and link any viable rescues in so that people can click and go visit.

All I ask is that if you want a pet, you think long and hard about it, about what you want to get, and about what is realistic for you.  The shelters out there are full of the pets of people with good intentions....

Mush mush, love, home, best friend. Yup. All that. So here goes: my first foster: kittens.

No comments:

Post a Comment