Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Mr. B's Playtoys

Yesterday I went to get them something that would give them a little satisfaction in scratching I wandered home with a sisal mat (that Mr. B. tried his hardest to crawl in the bag with, as it has some catnip in a pouch on the back. He was a bit put off when I told him that it was for the kittens, but perked right up when I showed him that I'd bought some to stick in an old toy for him to play with.). Funny thing IS, hanging it from the door, they stretched up and were too short to reach it.  Ha! So I taped it to the floor for easier access.

B. has taken to watching them quite a bit. He finds them very interesting, has since the first, but now instead of tiny aliens he wants to play with them. I've explained that they're still in quarantine, as they only showed up a few days ago, but he is rather impatient to play with them, going so far as to try to play toe tag with them under the separation gate. Which doesn't really work, as he has huge paws. Here's what he, and I, have observed so far:

Milkshake, the tabby grey with white("Tips" to me, because of the beautiful white/ grey/ tabby stripes running down her ears...it looks like she was dyed like an egg) is the more reserved of the two (if kittens can BE reserved). She takes a second, measures things up, and kind of eases into the situation. She can get rambunctious, definitely, but she appears to think things over a bit.  Whereas Cheesecake, the white with spots (obviously I call her "Spots") is gung ho and goes hell bent for whatever she wants to do at that moment. She does tend to give up quicker than Tips, who will run with an idea (we're working on that whole "off" thing. Pants legs were not meant to be climbed. Ow.) hehe! :-)

So far this seems to be my observation.  That and they love playing with each other. (duh) and would , as a pair, keep a person entertained for hours on end.

No comments:

Post a Comment