Sunday, July 10, 2011

Milkshake and Cheesecake

If I had my way, though, I'd name them Peary and Cook.  More on that later.

Today I went down to the Chicago Anti-Cruelty society to pick up these two little bits for a few weeks, as they were a bit to small and underweight to adopt out. One bonus on using the CTA is you get a lot of people oohing and aahing over the cute little babies, and maybe implanting the seed of an idea. Yesssss!!!!!

At home, the kitchen was to be their area. No mixing in with the current wildlife, since we want to make sure everyone stays healthy, no colds are incubating, and they get used to each other. After all, as kind and wise as he is, Mr. B. has about 10x the body weight that they do, and when a young whippersnapper gets wound up... well... yeah.  Best that they get used to each other.

Where was I? Oh, yeah. Peary and Cook. Well, with Mr. B. watching us like my Mom hooked on Survivor, I played with them a bit and watched them play as I stayed in the kitchen cleaning, and playing with them once in a while, touching their paws (that makes it MUCH easier to get them to hold still to clip their nails and no, don't even MENTION declawing... how would you like to get your fingers cut off at the first knuckle?) and then I opened the fridge door to get out some lunch. And in they went! exploring the coldest recesses of the icebox.

Even just knowing them for less than a day, I'm becoming familiar with their personalities. But I'll still have them for another few weeks. Remember, if you like them and what I write about their personalities, I'll let you know when they go back, go visit them at the Anti Cruelty Society and you can adopt them!!!

Oh, and if you will? Send this out to your friends so we can get a big old following and network the heck out of them. And any others that come to my attention... :-)  After all... everyone needs love.  And a home.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I just wanted to let you know that I now the proud mama of Milkshake and Cheesecake (now named Piper and Kahlo, respectively). I would love to share new photos with you, if you'd like. You can email me at veronicaplozano@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete